5 trans-border robbery suspects was arrested in Lagos




The Lagos State Police Command have captured 5 trans-fringe looters escaping into Lagos in the wake of burglarizing an Ogun State based haulage organization's distribution center. The 9-man theft pack was driven by a Cameroonian conceived, Ahmed Ibrahim, 33 and one Obinna, who alongside three others are presently on the loose.


The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, marching the suspects at the order's central command in Ikeja yesterday, expressed that the burglars were caught at Toll Gate outskirt of Lagos and Ogun State by a watch group of Rapid Response Squad positioned in the region. They were pursued by the group when they declined to stop before they later stopped at Meiran Junction, Lagos.

Aside from Ahmed Ibrahim, four different individuals from the posse similarly captured incorporate, Kelechi Nebu (30), Ndueso Sunday (45), Tochukwu Egemuka (33) and Obinna Oforkaja (30).

Things recouped from the criminals included: one Volvo truck with enlistment number KRD 515 XR, 13 unit of truck tires, 1 cooler, 26 gallons of 4 liter motor oil, 24 gallons of 25 liters of motor oil, two batteries, grouped charms, one cutlass and two blades.




As indicated by the haulage organization's security monitor, Kenny Peters, "I was doing the rounds when they held me from the back. They needed to shoot me first yet one of them advised them that it won't hurt me. They macheted me in the brow and beat me with all behavior of poles including truck wheel spanners. They attached my hands to the back and conveyed me to one fence, feeling that I was dead.

They plundered the organization's store and were set to go when I woke up. I held tight to the back of the truck from Dalemo, Sango Ogun State to Toll Gate, where I saw RRS Team. I alarmed them and they pursued the truck to Meiran Junction, where they were compelled to stop. Four of them fled while 5 were captured."

As per sources inside the organization, the pioneer of the pack, Ahmed Ibrahim, was the sibling of the haulage association's previous security monitor, who in a comparable activity stole around 100 truck tires from the organization in August 2018.

The pioneer of the group admitted to have enlisted one Obinna, who prepared seven more burglars for the task.

Police have just captured the driver of the truck, Kudus Adebayo (33), while examination is progressing to capture different individuals from the pack.

Comments